A little background...
I'm Vincent Dominic P. Layog, I'm an 18 year old Game Design and Development student at the De La Salle College of Saint Benilde. I'm fluent in Sarcasm, kind of fluent in English, and horribly not fluent in Filipino. I live all the way in BF Homes, Paranaque city, so you can imagine the commute I have every morning, going all the way to Makati before 8.
Videogames have always been my passion. Ever since I could pick up a controller, I've been in love with games. I had a Sega Genesis, a Gameboy Color, an N64, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Microsoft Xbox, and all the millions of iterations of the Gameboy Advance. I currently own a DS Lite, an Xbox 360, and a Wii (which I never use).
Why did I take up Game Design?
I've always loved videogames. I loved them so much that at any point in time when I could find out more about the process of making a videogame, I was totally interested. I watched every behind-the-scenes video I could from my favorite studios, I followed developer blogs, I even e-mailed some developers to tell them what a great game they made.
Videogames have always been my passion. Ever since I could pick up a controller, I've been in love with games. I had a Sega Genesis, a Gameboy Color, an N64, Sony Playstation, Playstation 2, Microsoft Xbox, and all the millions of iterations of the Gameboy Advance. I currently own a DS Lite, an Xbox 360, and a Wii (which I never use).
Why did I take up Game Design?
I've always loved videogames. I loved them so much that at any point in time when I could find out more about the process of making a videogame, I was totally interested. I watched every behind-the-scenes video I could from my favorite studios, I followed developer blogs, I even e-mailed some developers to tell them what a great game they made.
My parents are artists. They took up Fine Art in college and they are very open people. They were always pushing me towards what I wanted to do, and they never said no to something they believed would help me achieve that goal. I showed them that Benilde was offering this course that I've been waiting for since forever and they were totally supportive of me studying there. I'm very thankful for them and all of the countless blessings I've received so far.
Anyway, what I'm hoping to do with this blog is post as much stuff as I can to document my journey from being a humble game design student to a hopefully successful developer! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment